Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Space Ambassador

One of the ideas I have been developing is the need for a "space ambassador" or "Emissary to the stars" as I like to call him. The idea is that we need someone that understands the best way to go about exploring space and will enthusiastically incite Congress and the public to support the vision of space exploration. America needs a hero, it is in our culture, and I think we have found a hero in Michael Griffen.

Griffen has proven, in his short time as NASA administrator, that he is technically compitent as well as politically informed. He knows the politics of space exploration as well as the technical side of it. His leadership, I believe, is just what we need to get humans to the moon, Mars, and beyond.

An intersting read is his House Committee on Science hearing where he steadfastly explains his plans, no bullshit. It appears that there is bipartisan support for his as well, which also is a great help to our needs. I look forward to big things from Dr. Griffen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

The Bible isn't bullshit, but it is not meant to be taken literally either. Those who believe everything in the Bible literally and take it word for word, are just as dumb as people who think they have a right to kill unborn babies. However, there are many good lessons in the Bible, and though many of them never actually happened literally, they still are a good model to follow if you want to live a good life and be a good person.

Alot of people say that it is either black or white, as mentioned in the "BIBLE The Complete Truth" post, but I believe this is wrong as well. I consider myself a good Christian, but I see no rhyme or reason as to why everything has to be black or white. Please watch my other blog, moveandriseup.blogspot.com for more detailed commentary on this position.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home